Heard of the perfectly healthy drink to have for these awfully warm summer days? This healthy sparkling blueberry mint lemonade drink is so cool and refreshing I can drink it forever on my day off while bingeing on Netflix!
Quarantine did not mean I get to stay home because I work on the frontlines. However, I did go with the flow and did what my other stay-at-home friends have been doing.
✅ binge watch at Netflix, Viu, and iQIYI,
✅ and become a “Plantita” by making a tiny little herb garden by my window sill. (I said tiny. As in really.really.tiny.)
Well, I did not know my mint plant would grow profusely!
Which means every thing I cook or drink should have a mint leaf in it.
Minty spaghetti? Oh, yeah! (Just kidding)
But I tell you!
Mint is perfect for this Sparkling Blueberry Mint Lemonade!
If you don’t have mint leaves by your window sill and don’t have anything to put in your drink, it is ok. Your drink would still be super super refreshing!(You will miss the minty taste though.)
This drink can be low carb if you skip the maple syrup and honey, but, honestly, doing lazy or dirty keto these days is I think perfectly fine, no matter what the experts say. We need a little laxity these pandemic days, don’t you think?
Which means you can use maple syrup. Just a hint of maple syrup. This will add a hint of rich maple goodness, without overpowering the other flavors. The flavors just blend perfectly with the maple syrup.
How To Make this Healthy Sparkling Blueberry Mint Lemonade Summer Drink
Preparing My Healthy Sparkling Blueberry Ming Lemonade Summer Drink takes a total of 20 minutes prep time and 5 minutes cook time.
This single recipe yields 4 servings. If you live on your own like moi and won’t be expecting company because you know, “social distancing”, you can keep this healthy drink in the fridge for 3 days. It will lose its sparkle (hehe) though. It also gets infused with the minty flavor the longer it sits so you need to stir it before drinking it.
Healthy Sparkling Blueberry Mint Lemonade Summer Drink
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp fresh mint crushed
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 3 tbsp honey preferably local
- 3 cups water divided
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup club soda
- 2-3 pieces ice cubes to serve
- 1. To prepare the blueberry maple simple syrup, combine the blueberries, mint, maple syrup, honey, and one quarter cup water in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Simmer until the mixture is heated through and starts to thicken,approximately 4-5 minutes. As the mixture simmers, gently press the blueberries with a wooden spoon to release juices while stirring to combine with the other ingredients.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids.Reserve remaining liquid syrup and set aside to cool.
- Add lemon juice and remaining water to a large pitcher. Add blueberrymaple simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and fill each 2/3 full with the blueberry lemonade mixture.Top off each glass with some club soda and garnish with sprigs of fresh mint,blueberries, and/or lemon wedges, if desired.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, fresh blueberries, and lemon wedges