During this pandemic, unlike you guys who get to stay home while on lockdown, I have to go to work.
Yes, I am a frontliner.
Breakfast is very important.
Staying healthy is my number one priority and as you guys know, eating healthy breakfast is very, very important!
These days, I am always making sure I have my healthy keto breakfast fix.
But, if I have enough time on my hands, I make my Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet.
You need a little less than an hour to prepare it and this recipe can feed four people.
I put the extra servings in reusable glass storage food containers like these ones (because I live on my own):
For my yummy Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet, ere are what you need to get at your next grocery run:
- 2 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- ¼ c. red onion, finely diced
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 t.ground cumin
- ½ t. ground chili powder (I love using this Korean chili powder!)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ c. mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, divided
- 1 8 oz bag radishes rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mini sweet peppers diced (tri-color)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon cooked crispy
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh,chopped
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 large lime cut into 8 wedges
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet.Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper softens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Create four “wells” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 5.44g
Protein: 11.91g *Source: HappyForks.com Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
It tastes so good!
If having your breakfast is your number one health priority, do try my low carb, keto breakfasts. They are healthy, filling, and will help you go through this pandemic.