Last Updated on July 11, 2018 by Paula
I was craving for bacon, blue cheese, and mushroom sliders.
So I made one!
The one thing I love this diet is that I get to eat food which I thought were forbidden!
Like I have always thought bacon was sinful and would pretend to remove the fat if people were around hehe
Well, you will love this bacon, blue cheese and mushroom sliders which I devour while watching medical dramas on Netflix.
Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Mushroom Sliders
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 T. white onion finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 oz. white mushrooms sliced
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 strips bacon cut into thirds and cooked
- Preheat oven broiler to high and set top oven rack to the second highest setting.
- Add ground beef, mustard, garlic, and onion to a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and mix with a fork or your fingers until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide beef mixture into 8 portions and shape each into small patties. Set patties on a plate and gently press each with your thumb in the center to keep them from puffing up while cooking. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are nicely browned, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add slider patties to the skillet and cook until brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and top each slider with sautéed mushrooms and crumbled blue cheese. Place skillet in oven under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until blue cheese starts to melt.
- Remove skillet from oven and top each slider with a piece of bacon and serve immediately on a bed of lettuce and with a side of steamed broccoli, if desired. Enjoy!
Carbs/Serving (2 sliders):*
Total carbs: 3.0 g
Fiber: 0.5 g.
Net carbs: 2.5 g
*Source: VeryWell.com Recipe Analyzer