Are you looking for a way to keep your skin healthy while you work at home during this pandemic?
We know it’s hard to find time to take care of yourself when there are so many other things going on. But we also know that taking care of your skin is really important, and can be especially difficult right now.
That’s why the home LED face mask will help you maintain healthy skin while working at home at the same time! It’s perfect for anyone who wants to protect their health without sacrificing their beauty routine. And it’s super easy—just put it on before bedtime and let technology do all the work!
Since when did using an LED Face Mask become a thing?
The LED face mask has been around for a few years, but it’s only recently that they have become more popular. Originally used by doctors and dermatologists to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne, the technology is now available at home.
The idea of an LED face mask might seem strange—and maybe even scary—but these devices are actually really useful if you want to maintain your skin health during the pandemic.
Here’s an overview of a few of our favorite at-home LED Face Mask treatments:
Cellreturn LED Mask Premium Luxury Home Skin Care Light Therapy Wireless Device Made in KoreaDr. Dennis Gross DRx SpectraLite Dpl FaceWare Pro: Smooths Full Face Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Firms SkinDermashine Pro 7 Color Wireless LED Mask for Face | Photon Red Light For Healthy Skin Rejuvenation Therapy
Our Luxury Pick: The Cellreturn LED Mask
Disclaimer! The Cellreturn LED Face Mask is not Our Luxury Pick just because we have seen the absolutely gorgeous Lee Min Ho using it in the kdrama “The King:Eternal Monarch”, although if you do want to have good skin like he does, you would want to try this mask, too!
- The Cellreturn LED Mask is a luxury home light therapy mask that uses red, blue, and pink lights to improve skin tone.
- The red light improves skin elasticity and collagen production. It also brightens the skin. The blue light soothes irritated skin, and the pink light helps in reducing scars.
- The mask is made from breathable fabric, which means that it won’t cause skin irritation. The LED lights are also cool to the touch and will not burn.
It’s important to note that the Cellreturn LED Mask should be used for only 20 minutes at a time with several hours in between treatments. This ensures maximum effectiveness without causing any damage to the skin.
If you are interested in trying out an LED face mask, this may be the perfect one for your needs!
- Promotes collagen production
- Reduces scarring and skin damage
- Relaxing, soothing effect that reduces stress
- May cause a slight tingling sensation on the skin.
- Costs a lot!
How to use CellReturn LED Mask: (btw, Park Seo Jun is using it, too!!!!oh, my heaaarrrtttt!)
For best results, use the mask two or three times a week.
By the way, the Cellreturn LED Mask has a fast mode, you guys! Isn’t that great? Lee Min Ho skin in nine minutes as the mask cycles through all the light settings for a super-quick treatment.
One thing about LED Face Masks. Always go slow, especially if you have sensitive skin. You can start with five a minutes, and slowly build it up until you reach the recommended 20 minutes.
The great thing about this home treatment is that you can control how often and how long you choose to wear it!
Does it work?
The Cellreturn LED Mask has plenty of positive reviews. Users have seen a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles after just one session!
The Cellreturn LED Mask retails for over 2,000 Singapore Dollars . However, if you’re looking for an alternative we recommend checking out our anti-aging pick below!
Our Top Pick: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Spectralite FaceWare Pro
The Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Spectralite FaceWare Pro is a three-minute LED device for your entire face that targets the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. It now comes in a limited edition pewter color, which has been FDA Cleared.
This product emits infrared light waves at different depths to promote skin health and rejuvenation. The design of this mask means it can be used on all skin types, as well as by people with sensitive skin or rosacea. As such, it’s one of the most versatile facial masks available today!
This is a face treatment you should definitely try if you’re looking to brighten your complexion, fade dark spots and minimize the appearance of fine lines.
- FDA Cleared
- Ideal for all skin types
- Provides gentle light therapy to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots.
- Limited Edition Pewter Shade (now available!)
- Three Minutes
- Red, Blue and Amber Light Therapy
- Suitable for All Skin Types
- Easy to use, hands-free full face design
- Three treatment settings
- Automatic shutoff after three minutes
- FDA Cleared and is safe to use on all skin types (including sensitive skin and rosacea).
- It delivers real results when used consistently, which makes it a great long term investment for those with more serious concerns.
- If you are looking for an LED face mask that treats fine lines and wrinkles, this is one of the best ones on the market.
- It delivers real results when used consistently, which makes it a great long term investment for those with more serious concerns.
- Straps are slippery
How to Use:
There are five treatment modes that allow you to massage your skin with light. The settings include a combination of red, blue and amber lights at varying intensities. You can also choose between low, high and medium power, as well as pulsating, cycling and static modes.
For best results use the device three times a week for 20 minutes at a time on clean skin. This is also safe to use in your morning or nighttime routine as it’s non-invasive and has no side effects!
Why I Love It:
As someone with sensitive skin, I love that this mask is safe to use on most skin types. Although it’s a little pricey, the quality of the product and how easy it is to incorporate into my daily routine make this an excellent investment in maintaining healthy, glowing skin!
Our Budget Pick: Dermashine Pro 7 Color Wireless LED Mask
Dermashine LED light therapy stimulates cellular activity to help produce collagen, treat sun-damage and stretch marks, reduce redness, and give age-tired skin total rejuvenation.
This beauty device is easy to use and can be taken on the go for maximum convenience!
A single charge will last for up to 10 days of continuous usage. Dermashine Pro also has an auto timer function so you never have to worry about forgetting when your mask was turned off! If you’re looking for a budget friendly way to get great skin, definitely give this one a try!
- Comes with seven LED colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue-violet)
- Automatic shutoff after 20 minutes to save battery life and protect your skin from over exposure.
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to ten days on a single charge!
- Great price point for its quality makes this an affordable option.
- Comes with seven different LED colors, which is more than most brands offer at this price range!
- The auto-timer ensures that you never have to worry about forgetting when your mask was turned off and it’ll prevent over exposure of the skin as well! This makes it a great choice for those who are worried about using it for too long.
- Not FDA cleared so there is no guarantee that you’ll see results.
- The straps are quite slippery, which makes them a little difficult to fit on the face properly without help and can cause some discomfort when worn longer than 20 minutes at a time! This also means they slip off easily while in use.
What is an LED face mask?
LED face masks emit infrared light to penetrate the skin at different depths. There are three common types of light therapy available: blue, red and amber; based on which type you use depends on what effect it will have on your skincare routine!
What colors should you look for?
- Blue is best used for reducing inflammation , especially if you suffer from conditions like acne or eczema.
- Red is best used for collagen production and tightening your skin, especially if you want to get rid of wrinkles .
- Amber LED lights are great for encouraging cell renewal in the upper layers of your skin which allows it to maintain its elasticity and firmness—perfect if you need a little extra umph!
How do I use an LED Face Mask?
There are two ways that these face masks work: either by:
- turning on their built-in programmable light therapy sessions while wearing it overnight (it’s like getting an at-home LED facial!), although it would be a nightmare for someone to see you sleeping with that weird mask! or
- by manually applying different settings with a button control panel.
The eLight mask takes about 20 minutes per treatment session , so we recommend using this option before bedtime each night. The LED light therapy sessions emit tiny pulses of the specific color waves that are being used, so you can really customize your skincare routine with this mask!
How long will it take for me to see results?
It depends on your skincare goals, but generally you should start seeing positive changes within a month . You might notice that your skin is brighter, more even and firmer than before.
Remember: the best way to maintain healthy-looking skin during this time isn’t just in treating conditions; it’s also about preventing them!
The at-home LED facial masks are super easy to use and can help you maintain healthier looking skin with less effort over time . If you want glowing, smooth skin without having to go out into public during the pandemic, a face mask is definitely for you!
What can an LED face mask do for skin?
This skin care device comes in handy if you’re looking to treat acne, fine lines or wrinkles. You can target specific skin concerns depending on the color of light used. For example, blue light is best used for reducing inflammation and red light works to tighten skin. Amber LED lights are great for encouraging cell renewal which allows the skin to maintain its elasticity and firmness—perfect if you need a little extra umph!
When the light is applied to your skin, it stimulates collagen proteins. In theory this will reduce fine lines and wrinkles by making the epidermis look smoother and fuller.
Anyone looking to reduce inflammation, tighten skin or encourage cell renewal can benefit from this mask.
What should I look for in an LED face mask?
Before making your purchase , it’s important to know what you should be looking for in a face mask.
Here are some considerations when you do plan to shop for an LED Face Mask:
Do I want an LED light therapy session or manual application?
If the idea of having someone see your wearing this weird device while sleeping isn’t appealing, then choosing one that has automated sessions is best.
However, if you prefer more control over your skincare routine and don’t mind sticking it on before bed every night, we recommend getting something with a button panel so that you can adjust your settings accordingly .
What colors do I need ?
It really depends on which skin issues concern you most! Like what we mentioned above this post, blue light works well for reducing inflammation (especially when treating conditions like acne) and red lights tighten skin. My personal favorite are the red lights, though, because my facial skin is kind of loose after losing all those weight from my low carb diet.
How long is each session?
Each treatment takes about 20 minutes, so we recommend using this option before bedtime. The LED light therapy sessions emit tiny pulses of the specific color waves that are being used, so you can really customize your skincare routine with this mask!
How should I care for my LED face mask?
As with any skincare device that emits light waves into your skin, you want to make sure you keep it clean between uses! Cleaning the area before and after use will ensure the best results possible .
How do I know how effective an at-home LED face mask is comparable to salon treatments or other devices on the market?
Unfortunately there aren’t many scientific studies done on these masks yet because they weren’t well known until recently . But even without science behind them, plenty of women swear by their beauty benefits!
Take caution when purchasing an at-home mask, though. Not all devices have the same quality settings or benefits. Make sure that whatever you choose has been tested and is FDA approved for safety . In addition, make sure to read reviews from other customers who have tried this face mask before making your purchase! If it’s possible try out a product before buying too so that you know exactly what kind of results to expect with each session.
What else should I consider?
Before committing to an LED light therapy device, there are some things we think everyone should keep in mind:
- Don’t use an LED face mask if you’re pregnant (or trying),
- Don’t use it if you have have epilepsy , as they could trigger seizures;
- Only use it on skin areas where wrinkles/indentations are present; and
- Always make sure to put the mask on your face before turning it on (in case there’s a malfunction).
What should I do if something goes wrong?
As long as you follow all of these precautions , everything will be fine. To avoid any issues, always look for LED masks that have been approved by the FDA.
If something goes wrong after using this mask at home, contact a doctor as soon as possible! You don’t want to risk damaging your skin.
What is the difference between a LED face mask and an IPL device?
IPL devices are made for skin rejuvenation, such as hair removal or discoloration treatment , rather than skincare treatments like wrinkles and acne. They emit strong light beams that burn off top layers of your skin in order to reach deeper into your dermis where they stimulate collagen production .
While this sounds scary—it’s not! You just need some downtime afterward while it heals itself naturally ! An LED face mask mainly emits light waves at different wavelengths to target connective tissue within the uppermost layer of your epidermis so you can achieve surface-level changes without any downtime.
Which LED face mask is best for me?
Depending on your skincare needs, any of these devices are up to the task!
If you’ve been looking for a way to keep your skin healthy while at home, we have the perfect solution. Home LED face masks are the latest trend in beauty and they work wonders on wrinkles, dark spots, acne scars, and many other skin concerns. We sure love using them while working at home!
What kind of LED face mask do you use?