How to fake a perfect face
Last Updated on July 7, 2017 by Marie Bulatao
When it comes to beauty, I’m a low maintenance person. Of course, I can say I could be out of the door in 30 minutes flat, but not really – because I spend my time blow drying my hair. It’s just a quirk of mine – I cannot leave home with wet hair. But faking a perfect face is fairly easy. Really. Here’s how: GET PERFECT-LOOKING SKIN It gets harder to hide stressed-out weeks, eating an assortment of junk and the fact that you’re just a year shy of 40 on your face. Don’t worry. You still have time to adopt a good skin care habit which includes using serums and moisturizers formulated to rejuvenate and restore dry, lifeless skin. You can always shop online at Lamido buy and sell Philippines like I do. They have a wide array of face products including products you can’t find at your local drugstore/department store. For a quick fix, your skin can still look perfect by trying to do the following things:
- Achieve a radiant glow. BB and CC creams and some foundations found in the department stores are now formulated with a glow, “blooming-from-within” look. Go for a product that is non-greasy, light and long lasting.
- Make your face look slimmer. Highlighting and contouring in strategic places in your face will make you look slimmer. Try doing this: blend a tiny bit of bronzer in a shade lighter than your skin along the sides of your nose. Then highlight the bridge with a shimmer cream.
- Don’t powder too much. Get rid of the shine on your nose or forehead by dabbing on blotting powder or tissue paper. Too much powder will settle into your fine lines making them more noticeable.
WAKE UP YOUR EYES. Putting up an all-nighter or just having those tired eyes make you look older. Try to:
- Give your eyes the wide-awake look by using a frosty white pencil to highlight your brows and the inner corners of your eyelids.
- Thin eyebrows make you look older! Try not to over-pluck and if you did, use a brow pencil or powder in a lighter color other than black to fill in and make that perfect brow line.
- To hide dark circles, you’re usually advised to use under-eye concealer in a shade lighter than your skin. Your best bet, however, is to go with a concealer that is slightly darker, since a shade that’s too light can mix with the blue in your under-eye, making the skin under your eyes look grey.
THE LIPS COMPLETE THE LOOK
- Shape your lips. Put a tiny bit of concealer around your mouth and just a touch in the mid bottom lip.
- Apply color. This will make lipstick last longer, prevent lipstick color to bleed and the lips will have a defined shape.
- To your lips appear fuller, apply a light lipstick. Brush a slightly darker color along the lip’s outer edges.
- Use a light shade of moisturizing lipstick or lip gloss to fill in the lines.
Keep in mind though that we do have to take better care of our face. There will come a time when you can’t rely on your parents’ good genes anymore, so pay attention to your skin, your diet, your everything. Because if you do, it will show. To beauty!