I have a confession to make. Because I went to a conservative "all-girl" Catholic High School run by nuns, we did not have a Prom Night. Seriously. A group of students tried to organize one, but the principal (who still heads the school, by the way :) ) found out and stopped the planning, literally scolding the girls who tried to stage the prom, insisting that having one is against the S.O. (Social Orientation) thrust of the school.
I don't know if the students in my old school have Prom now. Times did change. It is not an all-girl school anymore, but with still the same Principal, though. I have heard somewhere that they have been allowed to have a prom, but in the morning lol.
In my older daughter's school, though (U.B. Science High School), having a Prom is a part of their tradition, though they call it "Banquet". She and her friends had a blast settling on their prom dress and their hairstyle.
Here are their Celebrity inspirations:
Emma Watson's Up-style
- Part your hair on one side. Frame your face with sweet side-swept bangs.
- Gather your locks above your ear and pull into a high, tight ponytail. Twist your locks around the base to create a bun and pin it in place.
- Make your bun a bit more modern by carefully slipping on a stylish headband about two inches from your hairline. Finish with a light hairspray.
Selena Gomez' Sleek Hairstyle
- Try to use a shampoo and conditioner that will aid in straightening strands and fighting frizz.
- Divide your hair into a half-ponytail. Run a flat iron over the lower part first, then repeat the process on the top half. Apply serum from mid-length to ends to boost shine.
Blake Lively's Boho Braids
- Apply mousse to your hair midway down and tightly braid your strands. Leave it on for about two hours before releasing to create loose waves.
- Part your locks a little off-center and mist a light hair spray to retain your waves. Then, gather a one-inch chunk of hair near the part. Braid it until you reach the ends.
Drew Barrymore's Disheveled 'Do
- Wash hair then blow dry. Spritz a texturizing spray onto dry strands.
- Tease your hair with fine-toothed comb to make it unruly. Use your fingers to gather strands into a messy bun.
- Set a unique headpiece (such as a feathered or printed headband)just above your crown.
Jessica Alba's Sexy Ponytail
- Create volume on top by misting the roots with hairspray and teasing it with a mix-bristled brush.
- Use the same brush to smoothen your hair back. Gather it into a mid-ponytail and secure with a simple hair tie.
- Curl the length of the hair with a large-barreled curling iron. Wrap a small section of your hair around the hair tie to finish.
Taylor Swift's Luscious Waves
- Part your hair in the center. To help your hair hold its coils, skip washing for the day and apply a smilig foam from all over your strands.
- Starting from the ends, wrap sections around a curling iron. Roll it in a spiral shape until you reach ear level. Hold for about 10 seconds before releasing.
- Loosely pin the top half back and secure it with a fancy clip. Finish by misting strands with a shine spray.